Wednesday, June 13, 2007

New York Here We Come!!!!!

Well it is about time for Beth and I to go and see Jane in New York. Today is Wednesday June 12th. We will fly out of Nashville June 17th at 6:40 CDT and arrive in Newburgh N.Y. where Jane lives just about hour from the Big Apple. We will arrive in Newburgh at 1:45 EDT. She said she is taking us to the river for lunch. I can hardly wait to get there. I have already started packing my suitcase LOL. I always pack too much clothing that I want wear but I guess that is a woman for you LOL! Jane has really worked hard on plans for Beth and I. She is having a luncheon and craft meeting Monday for us. Then Tuesday we will take the train into N.Y. City. She has already made reservation for us to stay at The Plaza Hotel right across from Madison Square Garden. Ashley her daughter will meet us and that night Jane, Ashley ,Beth and I will go see Phanton of the Opera. Wednesday we will go site seeing and shop. We will take the train back to Janes house on Thursday. Friday we will go and have lunch at The Castle in the woods. Saturday we will fly back to Nashville Boo!Hoo! I will post some pictures in here of our trip to Janes when we get back. I know we are going to have a lot of fun with Jane. She is a very dear friend of ours. I made her a surprise package to take to her. I hope that I can do all of the walking to see the sites. I am taking my walker and my cane. My walker has a seat that lets down and when I need to rest I will just flop down and let Beth and Jane stand LOL. Oh might take turns with them to use my walker seat if they are real good to me, which I know they will help me out a lots. Beth is so good when we go anywhere she always watches after me so I dont fall.

I have really been busy this week trying to get my art swaps out and in the mail. Beth took me Monday to the eye Dr. to get my eyes checked out. I will get new glasses after I come back from N.Y. Monday night I burned the midnight oil so I was able to finish all of my swaps and Round Robin cards. I had 30 R.R to add something to and send them on to someone else. Tuesday I cleaned my art room up. It was a mess trash all on the floor and couldnt see my desk top for all of the brushes,paints, stamps and cardstock. It really looks nice and neat today but my husband said it wouldnt stay that way longLOL!!! It will stay neat until I get back and start on my arts again. Today I cleaned house and been pittling around in here and decided I would write in my blog even if no one ever looks at it. Beth said no one looks at mine because I never go into their blogs. She may have something there as I have been so busy that I havent gone into other blogs.
Sorry about that, hope you will forgive me will try to do better. Tomorrow I go to get my hair fixed, my nails done and a pedicure done on my ugly feet. Friday Beth and I are going to the Funeral home. Our dear close friend in Sassy Stampers a stamping club that we belong to had a massive heart attack and died. She was just 53 yrs. old. She went into the hospital to have a hernia removed and had the heart attack. She was a dear friend and we will miss her so much. I am really worried about her Mom as she is really taking it hard. The family is very close knitted family and such a shock to them. I think Beth posted a picture of her in her blog.

My son is coming in Friday night to stay with Dad while I am gone. I didnt want to leave my hubby by himself as he has real bad dibetes. His blood sugar can drop real low and he goes into a seigure. I had him in the ER a month ago from this. He has had 2 mini strokes and doesnt walk all that great as his balance is off. Robbie his son is so good to come all the way from Oklahoma to stay with him. I have 2 sons and Beth and my hubby has 3 boys. Beth and Robbie helps us out so much, I dont know what we would do without them. Our other children lives in Alabama,Georgia and Oklahoma.

Well guess I have rattled off enough in here and guess it is a boring blog but that is my life except next week I will be kicking up my heels in the Big Apple!!!!!!!!!!!
Granny Lottie

2 comments:

Earlene said...

My you are certainly a busy woman. So many women our age just quit. I enjoy your blog and would love to see your altered art. I am not creating now as I am moving to the east coast to be closer to one of my daughters and her family. Mostly to be with my granddaughters before they outgrow me. I' check in later. Earlene

Geri said...

Lottie,
I read your blog!!!! Do you remember me, I used to swap ATC's with you and one time you made me a very sweet little book.
Geri Jones aka fairiewolf