Thursday, December 28, 2006

Wonderful Day

Well I know I havent posted in here since before Christmas. I had a wonderful Christmas Day with my children(the ones that were able to come) I know most of you have read Beths blog of the account of our Christmas Day together with our family. We had a great day and she posted some pictures of the family on Christmas day. As you all know I am not smart enough yet on this blog to post pictures LOL. I have tried and just guess I dont hold my mouth the right way as they never appear in my blog LOL. After Christmas day I packed all of my Christmas decorations and tree away as to me after our get together with our children Christmas was over with for me. I got real smart and started reorganizing my art room. I packed all of my Christmas and fall art supplies away. Then I typed labels for all of my drawers of supplies so I could go and find what I needed. I was spending more time looking for something than making something. I still like my littler drawers with do dads labeling them. I receive so many wonderful treats from every one when I host a swap in ATCS, Books they really come in handy in my art projects. I really appreciate all those treats that I receive from all of my art friends.

Today was a wonderful day as my sweet Beth and I went out to my two sisters house and spent the day with them. We exchanged Christmas presents with one another. I got a beautiful Christma pillow and a beautiful cream color scarf with my initials on it. My sister fixed us a nice lunch. I made both of my sisters a YA YA Girls Book and knitted them a neck scarf. My oldest sister will be 87 years old in Feb and my other sister will be 85 in Feb. also. I am the baby of us three girls. I will be 78 in Feb. also. We were all borned in the month of Feb.
My oldest sister Adelaide is so sweet and bless her heart she is able to live by herself and cleans her appartment and cooks. She goes to all of her grand children and great grand childrens birthday parties and ball games. She really get around real good for her age. Her eye site is failing on her and she couldnt read the little book that I made her. Guess what Beth done she went to Walmart and got both of my sisters a magnify glass that went around their necks and rested on their chests so they could read the books. They both have the dry degenrating disease of the eyes like I have also, but my oldest sisters eyes are getting worse.

We left my sisters house in the afternoon and we just had to go by Hobby Lobby and Book A Million stores. We had both swore that our New Year Resolution was going to be not to buy any more card stock and supplies. Well 2007 isnt here yet and we bought more paper and supplies LOL. They had some of the most beautiful Valetine card stock and was on sale. We bought some stickers and stamps. We then went to bookstore and I bought 2 new art magazine and of course Beth bought some book on her new toy her camera that Santa Daniel gave her.
I spent the night with Beth last night so we could get up early to go to my sisters. Beth and I tried some new techniques out in the book that Beth gave me for Christmas. We finished our deco books ready to mail to the next person on the list in our round robin deco books.

Beth made some great pictures of our visit with my sisters. I want try to upload them in here as I am so dumb they never load in here. Maybe one of these days I will learn. Beth tried to show me how last night to do it but my old mind has already forgotter what she showed me LOL.

Wishing every one a Wonderful and A Happy New Year.

Granny Lottie

3 comments:

Mary Bee said...

Hi Lottie: Sounds like you have been really busy. Good for you. Family and art, what more can you ask for.

Janet said...

Lottie, it sounds like you and Beth had a great time with your sisters. I did see the photos of your Christmas celebration on Beth's blog. As for not buying any new supplies, well, I always tell myself that but it never goes that way!! How can you keep creating if you don't have new stuff to spark your imagination!! Hope you're having a great day.

Beth said...

Awwhhh,,,we do have fun don't we Mom! I loved spending the day with you and the Aunties! I will post a pic of you all on my blog.
Lov U!!