Sunday, October 01, 2006

October 1,2006

I hope it is as pretty at your house as it is here in Tenn. It is a beautiful sunny day and temperture is in the 80s and will be that way all next week. It is so hard for me to stay in the house when it is so pretty outside, but I had some art work to do and also to go to Walmart for some food and things I needed. I was too tired to go yesterday since I was up late friday night.

Yes I surrvived the Ray Price concert last Friday night. But boy it was hard on me climbing up that 5th ave. hill. With my hubby and Beths help I did make it up the hill. The Ryman was two blocks down from where Beth had to park. It was a steep hill and it wasn't that bad going down hill but oh my it was rough going up hill. Anyway I recalled how many times that I climb that hill as a young girl, as I worked in downtown Nashville. I never thought about climbing the hill and never got out of breath. I guess that is what old age does for you LOL. I know it was worth climbing the hill to see Ray Price. I really did enjoy hearing him sing. He may be an old codger of 80 years but boy he still has a wonderful voice. God gave him that talent and he will use it til the end of his time I feel sure.

Beth spent the night with me and we worked on some of our art work yesterday. She is a wonderful daughter and does so much for us. Beth went home and I finally got busy making some Halloween Postcards for a swap I am in. Then it stormed and I had to turn my computer off and went to bed. I was up at five this morning as I am not use to going to bed before twelve midnight. It only takes about six hours of sleep for me. When you get older the less sleep it takes for you I think.

I am going to try again to post some pictures of my art and of The Golden Girls, my two sisters and me. Maybe it will go through this time.I meant to get Beth to post some of my pictures when she was here saturday. Wish me luck as I need it LOL!!!!
Granny

1 comment:

Rosa said...

Oh Lottie, I loved reading about you climbing that hill. What has happened to us. As children we do and not think about it. As we age, every step, we feel and HAVE to think about it! I grew up with my mom listening to Ray Price and all the other oldies, Loretta, Johnny, etc. It all brings back memories. I'm going to have to start taking my mom to these shows too! She's not too social though. Getting kinda set in her ways at home. So glad you have the golden girls to hang with! Hugs! xoxo