Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday Sept.17

I have been so busy that I haven"t kept my blog up. I just guess I forget about writing in here like I should. I am recovering from my fall real good and most of the bruises are fading away. I havent been doing much for the past week. I went to see my sister that hurt her leg trying to keep from falling. She wasnt able to walk and had to go to the hospital for a few days. She is now in a nursing home for a few weeks to take theraphy for her leg. She is 86 years old and she is a dear. She didnt like it much when they put her in the nursing home. I worked two days on A Funny Book that consists of all of the funny pictures and quotes that I had saved in my computer. I thought she needed some laughs while she was recooperating in the nursing home. She has really enjoyed reading the book. All of the nurses have had a good laugh also from reading it. I really enjoyed making it and done some laughing also in making it.My sister is a dear sister to me. We are very close and we talk every day and when I have problems she is always there for me. We lost our Mom in 1975 and my sister has been like a mom to me. I love her dearly. I also have another sister that is 84 and she is a dear also. Our children calls us "The Golden Girls". We are very close to one another. And of course I am the baby of us three girls. We Golden Girls have a very good time when we are together. Sometimes we do get in heated arguments when we are playing cards or dominos, but that is to be exspeted of sisters. I just pray that we have a lots of more years to be together. We have lived longer than anyone else in our family. I am so thankful for my dear sisters and ask God to take care of them every day.

I did have a wonderful friday and saturday this week. I went to my sweet daughter Beth and spent the night friday. We worked on our arts and had so much fun doing atcs and cards. The next morning it was a beutiful day and we decided that it was too beautiful of a day to stay in and do our arts. I had been confined to the house all week and we decided to go shopping. We went to Michael and of course I spent too much money on Art supplies. Then we went to a little shop Paper Moon that is scrapbooking and art. Would you know I spent more money!! I love stamps and inks and paints. This shop has such neat supplies. We had lunch and then she brought me home and we tried a new technique out which turned out real pretty.
I am so thankful for my sweet daughter Beth. We are not just Mother and Daughter , we are best friends. She is so good to me and my husband and takes care of us. I see her every week and sometimes we work on our arts or we go shopping and also we go to all of the art shows. We went to Jackson, Tn. back in June for over night and art classes that The Tennesse Stampers held. We are going to a stamping show out at the fairgrounds next month. What would I do without my Sweet Daughter Beth???

I must go to bed now and I will try to post some pictures tomorrow night of The Golden Girls " LOL. and also of the Funny Book Cover that I made for my sister.
Nite
Lottie

3 comments:

Daisy Lupin said...

LOvely to hear about the 'Golden Girls' Lottie, you all seem to try to live life to the full. I am just like you, get into an art supply and shop and boy do I end up spending money. I can't passs shops like that by they draw me in like a magnet.

Beth said...

Yep,,we can spend some money can't we Mom? I had a great time with you as I always do!!

kisses and hugges

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I was wondering if you were ok Lottie, nice to know you are healing. You are so lucky to have such wonderful sisters and that you cherish one another the way you do...as well as the loving relationship you have with Beth.
I am exactly the same way about art supply shops...I cannot say "just this one thing"...EVER!