Saturday, September 02, 2006

September 2,2006

Another one of those nights!! I woke up this morning around 3 am and couldnt go back to sleep. I finally got up and turned the coffee pot on and here I am drinking coffee and decided I would just get in here and write some. I know I will get sleepy again around five but I have so much to do for today. I need to clean my house UGH. I have gotten so awful about cleaning my house. I hate to clean my house. I much rather do my arts. I guess after fifty years of cleaning your house it soon gets old. I tell myself that no one ever comes to see me and my clean house so why bother to clean it LOL. My house stays fairly clean with just us two. We do keep things picked up and dont scatter things around in the house. My husband smokes a pipe and oh my he makes such a mess with filling his pipes. He scatter tobacco all over the floor when he fills his pipes. Sometimes he will sweep the tobacco up but very few times at that. I guess the most messy room in my house is my art studio and I will straighten it up but in a few hours it is back messy where I have been working on a art project. I try to straighten it up every night before I go to bed but some nights just too tired to do so. Boy this is good coffee!!!

As I once told you that my husband and I used to do craft shows until our health began to fail us and we had to give up doing craft shows. I really miss not doing these shows as we made so many crafter friends and we would always take our RV and camp when we done shows. I have made so many friends in my art groups on the internet and just wish I could meet them in person. I will meet one of my dear art friend Jane in November she is coming to visit Beth and I for several days. I can hardly wait for her visit. I know we will have a fun time. She also has a blog in here also.

I am going to put some old pictures in here of some of our craft shows or at least attempt to do so. You know me I am not up to snuff on this blogging LOL. Here goes some pictures of the crafts I use to do. One summer Beth and I made over 600 shirts and about 300 cloth books for children. Also painted little black people resins. I would get the resins already molded and paint them. They really sold good for awhile until Walmart and other stores started selling them. The stores has really hurt the crafters. We use to do a show over Labor Day at one of our state park here in Tennessee. Now they have stoppped having the show about four years ago. So many of the crafters have stopped doing shows as there is no money in it. You worked your fingers to the bone to get ready for a show and as I said so many of the stores has hurt the crafters with having the same stuff that the crafters has and much cheaper, but not as fine work in the crafts. The bad part about doing a show is unpacking your crafts and packing it up. I always dreaded that job. We had a big 20 foot tent that we had to set up when we done outdoor shows and that was one heck of a job to put that up also. I would work myself to death painting and sewing and then it got where we wasnt making all that good money for the time we spent making our crafts and setting it up and we had to give it up due to that and our health.

I am going to try to post some pictures of our crafts and shows. Hope I can do it. Here goes nothing maybe LOL

No comments: