Thursday, July 20, 2006

Back Home


We are back home from our trip to see my son in Dallas Georgia. Boy it was really hot there also. We did get some relief from the heat by jumping in his beautiful pool. We had a real nice time and really enjoyed seeing my son and his wife. My son took us into a town that had a Michael and of course I had to buy some art supplies. I found some lovely cotton material for a fabric book that I am partcipating in. We send a fabric page at the end of the month and receive a fabric page back from some one else. We will end up with 8 fabric pages for our book that we will bind how ever we wish to do the binding. The pages are to be quilted. I have never done any quilting before so this is a new thing for me. I will try to post a picture of my first page in the book that I done. I am staying pretty busy since I got back from my trip. I have 3 books to work on. Also I am going through all of my old art magazines and tearing out techniques and greeting cards. I am making a technique notebook and a greeting cards notebook. I cant always remember what I see in those magazines so I decided to clean out my old magazines and make a note book for what I want to keep. I am not tearing out any of the magazines for the year 2006. I think it will help me so much when I am ready to make something like a greeting card and a technique if I can go and thumb through my notebooks. I have also started making postcards also. I enjoy making those. I would love to get in a swap for postcards. I really need to get my art studio straighten up. Guess I will try to do that today. I really dont know where to start LOL.

Beth and I took some pictures of my son's horse farm and of the deer coming to get food that my daughter inlaw put out for them. As soon as Beth sends me the pictures I will post them.

I couldn't sleep this morning and I finally got up at 5 . I had so much on my mind and my old bones were aching so got up started the coffee and here I am. Guess I will go and get another cup of coffee. Hope every one has a good day and keep cool.
Lottie

2 comments:

vicci said...

HI Lottie...I just found your blog from Beth's blog!!!!! I'm glad I did....It is so HOT here...I am trying to get caught up on some art...but my studio is the hottest room in the house! Glad I found you!

Janet said...

Just found you through Beth's blog. I like your fabric book pages, and your studio looks so nice and neat. Wish my craft area was that organized! Love the photo of your little dog sitting on the chair. What a cutie.