Saturday, July 29, 2006

My Sister Visit

I really enjoyed my older sister visiting me. My dh and I met her and her daughter after my dh eye doctor visit. Her daughter brough her to meet us. My older sister is a dear. She is 87 years old but doesnt look a day over 77. She gets around better than I do. She lives alone and has a beautiful apartment. Her son and daughter looks after her off and on. She was in a car wreck a year ago and total her car. It wasnt her fault. Woman pulled out of a side street and hit her head on. Thank goodness it didnt kill her. It did bruise her up very badly but no broken bones. Her eye sight isnt all that great as the Dr. told her not to drive anymore. She is lost without a car and has to depend on her children to take her places. I know she gets so lonesome just sitting in her apartment. I told her once a month that she was coming to visit me for a few days. She was always on the go until she had her wreck. She stayed from Tuesday until Friday. We went shopping Wednesday to Peebles and Walmart and had lunch. We both gave out after 2 hours of shopping. I am not able to shop for over 2 hours as my legs and back gives me a fit. She had open heart surgery one year and the next year she had knee replacement in both legs a year apart. She has been like a mom to me since we lost our mom. I love her so much and I want to spend as much time with her as I can as I know she is getting up in years.

My other sister wanted to come with her but she had doctors appointment so she came on without her. I really enjoyed her visit. We played Rummy Cube every night until around midnight.

My granddaughter came from Alabama to visit with us this past Friday. We took my sister home and had lunch out. Beth done the driving out to my sisters house. After we left my sisters house we shopped at Book Million and then Hobby Lobby and naturally I spent too much money in Hobby Lobby. Bought some art supplies and magazines. My granddaughter left this morning to go back home. I have 10 grandchildren but she is the only one that comes to see me. She is my first grandchild and she is so sweet. She calls me a lots to see how I am doing and comes to visit me about every other month. I really appreciate the love that she has for me and I love her so much. She is 30 years old and no children and has a full time job so I know it is hard for her to get away to see me. She is a dear sweet granddaughter.

We had a storm this morning and it rained until noon. We really did need the rain as it has been so hot and dry here in Dickson, Tenn. We got over 2 inches of rain. My poor flowere really had a field day drinking all of that good rain. Their heads are standing up and they look so pretty. I have so many flowers with Beths help. Beth comes up every spring and plant flowers in my beds and helps me hang all of my hanging baskets on my deck. I am going to make some pictures of all of my flowers before long if I can stay out of my art room long enough to do so LOL. I have been working on some cards today. I love my arts and it is good theraphy for me.

I hope to go to church tomorrow if I am up to it. My legs and back has bother me so much with this rain and I am tired from all of my shopping LOL. I have good days and bad days with my Parkinson disease and my legs and back. I have try to rest some today. So hope it isnt raining tomorrow so maybe I will go to church.

My dh will have eye surgery Aug. 1st on one eye. He is a bad diabetic and I am hoping his surgery will not get his blood sugar out of wack. He takes 4 shots a day and it is so hard to control his blood sugar. I just pray that he will stand the surgery ok. A dear friend of mine that I met on the internet 9 years ago passed away this past Tuesday. I will miss her so much. I have never met her in person just chat on the internet. She sent me some of the most beautiful pictures and poems, quotes and also comical pictures and nice jokes and stories. I will miss her so much. I have so many friends that I have met on the internet over the years that I have never met in person. I did meet one of my friends. Barb in Wisconsin came to see me and I went to see her. Now I have a friend in one of my art group that is coming to see Beth and I in November. I am looking forward to her visit she is such a sweet friend. I have more friends on the internet than I have any where else. Every one of my friends are really a special friend. Some people are scare to meet their friends from the internet face to face but you know if they are up and up kind of person after so long of a time. Every one of my friends are very dear to me.

I guess I better get back to my card making and visit some with my dh.
Hope all of my friends have a good weekend.
Granny Lottie

3 comments:

Rosa said...

I just had to come visit after reading Beth's blog. Sounds like a wonderful time. Good for you all!! Isn't family wonderful!

vicci said...

You are the SWEETEST LOTTIE!!!!!

Annie Jeffries said...

Lottie, I just had to tell you that I love reading the simplicity and directness of your writing style as you report on your day to day life. It feels very comforting.