Friday, August 04, 2006

Behind On Posting

Well I am behind on my postings. I do have a good reasond for being late in my posting. This has been an awful week for me. My husband had cataract surgery this past Tuesday and he hasn't done as well as we thought he would do because he has diabetes. He takes 4 shots a day. The surgery got his blood sugar all out of wack. He got very dizzy and unstable on his feet. He fell in the elevater the next morning going back to see the doctore who done the surgery on his eye. Thank goodness it didnt jarred anything loose in his eye. I have had my hands full waiting on him and watching him to be sure he doesnt fall again. His dizziness is some better but he is still unstabled in his walking. We are having a time getting his blood sugar back to what it should be. I am a little tire as he has always waited on me so much but I guess turn about is fair. I havent been able to do much in my arts as I am busy watching and taking care of him. My daughter Beth doesnt live too far from us. She came up today to stay with my husband so I could go to the beauty shop and go to the store. While I was gone she cleaned my house and done my laundry. Bless her heart she is such a dear daughter. I dont know what I would do without her. Later in the day her husband came up and finished putting railings up to our front porch steps. My husband had started doing this project but it got so hot here the past 2weeks that he couldnt take the hot weather with being a diabetic. Dan finished the railings and I do so appreciate him doing this as we needed the railings to go down the steps as I am unstable on my feet due to Parkinson disease and him being so unstable on his feet also. Our deck steps were too many to go down for us. I am so glad that we have the railings up now. I really appreciate all that my daughter and her husband does for us. We have 5 boys but they all live away from us.Two lives outside Atlanta and one in Alabama and 2 in Oklahoma. So you see we have to depend on Beth for everything that needs to be done. One of our boys did come home from Oklahoma and did some painting in our house that needed to be done. He isnt married and disable but was able to help us out. He has said that he would move in with us if when we got where we couldnt take care of ourselves. He is a stepson but I love him like my own sons. He is a dear man. I have 2 sons and daughter and my husband has 3 sons. We have been married going on 23 years. My children were all grown and living away from home when I met my husband. He had one son 11 years old and other were away from home. Every one thought I was crazy for taking on a 11 old son to raise, but Tony never gave me one ounce of trouble. He was a very good boy and was always very helpful. Tony got married 2 years ago and we dont see or hear from him too often. As the old saying goes guess he cut his moms aprong strings when he got married LOL. He is real busy in his job and I realize that but would be nice to hear from him more often as I love him just like my own children. I will later on put some pictures of my children and stepsons in here and husband. My daughter has a blog in here under Sandee. Beth and I really enjoy doing our arts together and shopping for art supplies. We are friends as well as Mother and Daughter. I would be lost without her. I am tired and guess I will hit the sac soon. Some day I will tell the story of my husband and I courtship and how I met him. You have heard of the movie "Postman Always Rings Twice". That is the story I will tell someday when I feel up to it. Goodnight friends....Lottie

No comments: