Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday August 27,2006

Here I go again trying to figure this darn blog out. I guess I will have to get Beth to give me lessons in how to get aroung in this darn blog. Just got through talking to her and she try to tell me what to do but it is all Greek to me LOL.

Beth came up friday night and spent the night with me. We worked on some new technique in greeting cards. We also tried to make a necklace out of a little match box that we saw in one of our art magazine. I didn't have the beads that we needed. Beth has so many pretty beads that she makes the most beautiful jewelry out of. I am not too good on making jewelry. I have more compliments on all of the jewelry that she makes for me. We went to bed around one in the morning and we couldn't go to sleep so we talked some more. She didn't snore thank goodness LOL. We got up the next morning and loaded up to go to our Sassy Stampers Club Meeting. I was hostess for the August meeting. I took Barbeque, brownies , nic nacks, fruite tea. We had ten at our meeting and every one brought a cover dish. We worked so hard on some new technique that we just about forgot it was time to eat all of that good food. Beth taught a class on how to stamp on acetate and glue and glitter. We also learned how to take a coffee filter to cover your stamp and take a crayon and rub over the image on the stamp. We made greeting cards with a new technique. We had a lot of fun at the meeting. We always come back home with new ideas. I was so tired that I just didn't do anything but sleep in the recliner and tried to watch the Titans get beat ugh.

Today I have been trying to make the covers for The Fall Shipping Tag Books swap. I am hostess for this swap. Just about got all of them printed out. Need to clue some pictures and poem that I wrote on the covers of the book. I got tired and decided after dinner that I would come into my blog and see what I could mess up in my posting.

Beth just called me and said she was posting my blog site into a group that we are in. The group has made a data for all of the members that has blogs. Well I tell you this when you come into my blog it isn't much to look at as I don't really know what I am doing LOL. Maybe one of these days I will get as good as my daughter and others in posting in my blog. Please overlook the grammar and spelling when you read my blog. I am not good at grammar, I barely got by in highschool in english. I had a sorry teacher. The teacher would sleep at her desk most of the time and I didn't learn anything in grammar. I love to write stories and have written a lot of stories but so ashame of my grammar in these stories. My typing isn't all that great either. So just over look the spelling, grammar and typing when you read my blog. I used to make up stories to tell to Beth. She said she wished I had written those stories down so she would had copies of the stories I made up. I did win a contest in highschool on one that I had written but when another english teacher that was really good and very strict on grammar read it she had red corrections all over the story and I had to rewrite it all over again with the right grammar and spelling. I sure wished now that I had her for my teacher and maybe I would had learned more of grammar. You can't look back on the past though and wish that you had done different in some of the things that you done in your past. You just have to do the best that you can with what life you have left. I have started a story in my blog and I guess I will finish it if you can bare to read it with all of its mistakes.

Don't take the above paragraph wrong, I am not feeling sorry for myself. I am just glad that I am able to write even though I make a lots of mistakes. I am glad that I have an imagination and can put my imagination into words. I write a news letter for an art group that I am in and the moderator says she loves my southern writings. I will post some of my stories in here if you will overlook all of the mistakes LOL.

I will attempt to try to write the next chapter on "The Postman Always Rings Twice. Hope anyone that reads it will enjoy it.

Take care until I see you again in here with my writings.
Golden Granny

No comments: