Wednesday, August 23, 2006

True Story: Postman Always Rings Twice

She was sitting in her apartment crying her heart out. She was alone for the first time in all of her 50 years. She was thinking about all of her past years and wondering how she was going to stand being alone. What have I done that I deserve being lonely at the age of fifty?? I always heard that life begins at fifty. It seems that my life ended at the age of fifty.

She was brought up in a loving and caring family. Her Mom and Dad and two older sisters. They always had fun loving times. They all would sit down together at the dinner table and discuss all about what they had done that day. Even their pet dog would add something to the conversation sitting between her Dad and her. Family life was great in those days of the thirties and forties. There was a togetherness that families today doesn't have. Mom stayed at home and tended to her family. Today Moms have to work to give their children all that they demand in worthly goods. Children really dont know what they are missing out on those olden days.

Here she was all alone after graduating from highschool and jumping right into a marriage of 30 years or so. It was a good marriage until the last couple of years. What happened to that wonderful marriage she asked herself. Time was changing in the world and you seldom heard of a divorce back when she was growing up. Here she was divorced and alone. What did I do that brought this loneness to me???
Continue later:

2 comments:

Daisy Lupin said...

Hi, so pleased to meet you Beth's mom. I'm glad you popped over to my blog to visit me. I think Beth is a very sweet and lovely person. I look forward to reading more of the story you have just posted. I'll visit you again.

Janet said...

Nice story....I'll be waiting for the next chapter.