Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Postman Always Rings Twice

Chapter 2

She thought to herself, I cant feel sorry for myself I must start a new life and pick myself up from this sorry pitful situation. But how do I start a new life for myself? All of my past life has been for my children and husband. Raising my children to be decent loving kind people. I have cooked, washed, clean and done work outside of my home. All I know to do is take care of my family. At least I have worked out in the public some. I must be thankful that I have a job now and a very good job at that. I will have a income to help along with my money that I get from my ex husband every month to help meet the expenses that occurr living alone. She realized that she had a lots to be thankful for.

She would try to go to bed and get some sleep although sleep didn't come easy for her. She tossed and tumbles all night and would awake and with the question what did I do to deserve this loneness. The next morning she dreaded going into work as she knew she would have to tell everyone and her boss that her marriage had ended. When she was hired her boss told her he wanted a woman with a family and a happy marriage. What would he say when she told him about her marriage coming to an end? She knew she looked awful, her eyes were swollen from crying so much the night before and she had lost weight for the past few months in her unhappy marriage. She dreaded going in and telling her boss that her marriage had ended. With her swollen eyes she walked into his office and started telling him with tears streaming down her face. He felt so sorry for her and told her not to worry about her job that she was a good office manager and she would always have a job with him. She left his office feeling such a relief that she had told him and he was so understanding.

As time went by she got to feeling better about her life. She was glad that her ex and her split up on good terms even if they had a lot of bitterness in their last few years together. Her ex even helped her find a townhouse and helped her move into it. He was very promp every month with the alimony to her and a good alimony at that.

She started going out dancing one night a week with a very nice lady and she really enjoyed dancing as her ex and her used to dance every weekend. Her girlfriend was a widow and loved to danced so they may a point to go out at least once a month to dance at a very nice club. She would be asked by a lot of nice men to dance but she never dated any of them or told where she lived.

One day she met up with one of her friend at church and she asked if she was dating anyone. She said no and she didn't intend to have another man in her life. Her girlfriend wouldn't give up on her and told her that her husband worked with a man that had lost his wife a year ago in death and that he was very lonely. She told her that he would like to have a nice lady to take out to dinner and be a friend to her. Finally she gave into her girlfriend and said that this man could call her. One night this man called her and of course her ex had come over to see her and give her the alimony check. While her ex was there this man called her. She had to tell him she couldnt talk to him right now and that she would call him back. After her ex left she didn't call her stranger back but in a few minutes he called her. They talked for a long time and she couldnt believe that he was the postman that she had talked to for a long time at her mail box a year ago. She remember him very well and felt so sorry for him in the lost of his wife in death. She finally agreed to go out to dinner with him the following friday night. After she hung up she thought what have I done. I haven't dated in over thirty years. Why I don't even know how to act or say on a date. Oh my! what have I done to agree to go out with him!!!!
Continue later.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh,,,you getting dang good on the story Mom,,lol!!!