Monday, August 21, 2006

August 21,2006

I have been very busy since I last posted in here. I went to my daughters Friday night and we created some Fall Shipping Tags Book covers that I am hosting in a group. We ran out of the paper that we were using for the covers as we wanted all the covers to alike. We took a break and ate some good old Herschey Kisses filled with carmel. I love those darn things but once I break that bag open I just cant stop eating those darn things. Beth loves the kisses also and course I dont help her out on her diet by bringing those things there when we are creating. But that is what Moms are for in my bookLOL. Beside if she gets smaller than me we want be able to share our clothes and that is for the birds.

After eating too many of those good old Herschy kisses we decided to make our shipping tags for the book. Beth was awning and eyes were crossing about 11 oclock and I was told that she just had to go to bed. Beth gets up at 5 in the mornings since she has started back to work. She said that I could stay up and work on my arts if I wanted to. I decided I would just turn in also. Well I couldnt go to sleep for her snoring LOL. Just kidding you Beth Dear. I finally got up and took a pain pill as my leg was giving me a fit. I went off to sleep about one in the morning.

The next morning we were up and ready to dig back in our creating. I finished my tags and she worked on her Deco Book and quilt book. I had seen in a magazine on how to make paper beads. We dugged the magazine out and we decided to try making some of the beads. They was so easey to make. I made a sting of black and striped beads with black stones in between the paper beads. I used a piece of black stripped wraping paper. Beth used a piece of paper out of a catalog all different colors. Her beads were so colorful. I wanted a black string of beads to wear with a black outfit that I had. We then decided we would make braceletts to match the beads. We put Gel Varnish on the paper beads that we made and I swear you can not tell that they are made out of paper. This old Granny decided that she needed a ankle bracelett so sweet Beth made me one. We had such a good time as we always do when we get together. I came home around four and didnt do anything the rest of the night. I was tired of creating so I of course read some more in my art magazines and got some more ideas that I would like to try.

Beths art studio looked so good. Her hubby put up a lots of shelves in her studio and she really has it organized. I came home to my messy art studio and was so disgusted that I don't have enough space and storage. Beth and her hubby told me that they would put me some shelves up if I wanted them to do so. Of course that is all that it took for them to volumteer to do so. My hubby and I went to Loew today and looked at the shelving. I am going to get rid of an old computer desk and mount three white shelves on the wall. I bought 3 white storage bins at Big Lot so I am just waiting for them to mount my shelves LOL.

I am about caught up on all of my art projects. I mailed out seven envelopes today with swaps that I am in. I need to make my Quilt page for September and finish the covers for my Shipping Tag Books. I decided that I would come in here and catch up on my posting. I also am a News Editor for a group that I am in. I send a news letter out every month to all of the members in that group. They write me and give me news that is going on in their lives. They really enjoy the news letter that I send. I add a little comical to the letters and some time a nice joke or quote or poem.

Well I guess I better get off of here and start composing the News Letter and maybe play a few games on here. Nite to all until I see you in a day or two. You may be surprise with a true story about some old granny!!!
Granny Lottie

No comments: