Thursday, August 17, 2006

August 17,2006

Another Day and Another Dollar as the old saying goes. But just another day to add on to my years but not another dollar LOL. I miss not working and being with people but retirement is fine if you make it to retirement. My husband and I had so much planned to do when we retired but our health started to failed. So I say go while you are young and enjoy every minute of your young days. I know I sound a little depressed about getting old but really I enjoy every minute that God gives me. I keep busy and keep my mind active with all of my art work and this darn computer. I am not in the best of health but I dont let it stop me from doing and going when I have the opportunity to do so. I tell all oldies to stay active and keep your minds busy.

Speaking of busy, I really stayed busy yesterday. I made 4 pages for chunky book for a group that I am in. Also made 9 ATCS and straighten up my art studio. Also took time out to watch the Braves get beaten by Washington. Also read some art magazines while the commercials were on. I am a big Brave fan even though they aren't doing good this year. I still support the Braves. Today will be a busy day for me also. I will do some more art work then I go to the beauty shop for my hair and manicure and pedicure. I love to have my feet worked on it is so relaxing. Then I have to go to the store to get some stuff to feed our poor old bodies LOL. I want be worth a dime after all of this going. So will tell my hubby to have the recliner ready for my old tired body!!

My daughter Beth and I are hoping to get together Saturday and create some arts. We have to make our third Quilt Book Page. The theme is Coffee. Boy that is going to be hard. Beth picked up some material with coffee designs on the material. I have a lots of good ideas in making the page but don't know just how I will do these ideas. Beth and I so enjoy getting together and compile our ideas. Two heads are better than one! Sometimes I spend the night with her working until wee hours of the mornings. This time I will not be able to do so as my husband needs me to put eye drops and patch over his eye before he turns in for the night. He had cataract surgery done 2 weeks ago and he is doing fine with his eye. I am going to try to upload some of my art works at the end of this posting. Wish me luck in doing so LOL. Have a wonderful day and show all your kindness to one another.
Golden Granny

No comments: