Monday, July 10, 2006

Cant sleep 4 AM

Well it is 4 AM Monday morning and I can't sleep. So I just got up and turned the coffee on and came in here on my computer. I dont know why I awoke so early but I just couldn't lay in my bed any longer. I have problem sleeping as my legs and back gets to hurting and I get the tremors from Parkinson disease if I lay in my bed and not sleeping.

I haven't been doing anything special since the 4th of July. We did have a nice 4th of July with our friends. The fireworks were beautiful and a lots of good food to eat. It was nice to get together with our friends and had a real good time.

Beth came up this past Saturday and we tried some new techniques out in our arts. We made post cards and greeting cards. I do so enjoy when Beth comes up and we do our art together. You know two heads are better than one. She comes up with some marvelous ideas and I sometime come up with a few new ideas. Beth is such a good artist and she is always telling me that she gets her talants from me. I dont think so, as she is way ahead of me. When you get my age your mind just doesnt function as good as it use to. I make her so mad when I tell her that her art looks better than mine. So I guess I better quit telling her that but it does outshine my arts that I make. Her head is full of ideas in doing our arts. I plan on going down to her house one night this week and spend the night with her and we will work on our arts.

We are planning on going to see my son Gary in Dallas , Ga. this weekend. Beth is going with us and do the driving as she doesnt like for us to go off by ourselves. My hubby isnt too well and neither am I so they tell me but I feel fine. I just have trouble with my balancing in walking and just give out too quickly. I am able to drive the car but Beth doesnt like for us to take a trip as she worries that we may get sick or have a wreck. I havent seen my son in over two years and really looking forward to going to see him. I sent his wife an email asking her if it will be ok for us to come and if she had other plans. We were very dissapointed last year as we planned a trip there and it wasnt a good time for us to come. They are a busy couple. They have 25 acres and 3 horses and both are counselers. They use their horses in counseling children and family. My son took training to use the horses in working with children. He is like the Movie Horse Whisper.
Gary is my oldest child and Beth and him aren't all that close. Beth is closer to her other brother Rick than she is with Gary. Rick was crazy about Beth when she was a baby and still crazy about her now. I never had to have a baby sitter as Rick would always tend to Beth. He would come in from school and would always go to see about Beth and took care of her until bedtime. Rick and Beth are a lot alike in disposition and very tender hearted and very compassionate. Gary is more like his Dad in ways as being very distant. He is becoming to realize that family means a lots to him now that he is older. My Mom and Dad was very close to us girls. My two sisters and I are very close. All of our family has passed away and we are the only ones left. Us girls have children and grandchildren and great grandchildren. My sisters and I try to get together at least once a month. My two sisters lives about 50 miles from me. We play dominos and cards and usually end up arguring as sisters do LOL. But we are very close and have a good time when we get together. We are The Golden Girls that is what we are called. I am the youngest one of us. Adelaide is the oldest she is 86 and Doll is 84. Adelaide doesnt look 86 and gets around better than Doll and I do. They live alone as their husbands has passed away. I am planning on my two sisters coming up to visit me in a couple of weeks. We use to shop until we dropped but now we cant do that anymore we give out in about an hour or so.

Well it is five a.m. now and my dear hubby is sleeping away. I wish I could sleep like he does. Dont know what I will do today. Guess the same old same old. I have been going through my art magazines that has stacked up for the last two years. I am making a notebook of cards and techniques by tearing out pages from my art magazines for past year. I cant remember what I see in ideas for card making and techinues so I am making a notebook and making tabs for different catergoings. When I am ready to make a greeting card will just turn to my note book to get an idea as to how I want to make it. My magazines were staching up so and I needed space in my bookshelves to put other art supplies. I am about to run out of space in my art studio. I will try to upload some pics of my art studio.

The sun is coming up and it is daylight and I am on my third cup of coffee. Husband still asleep. Guess I will get busy doing something. Just another day for me and thankful that I can get up and try to enjoy the day with Gods Help.
Granny

No comments: