Sunday, July 02, 2006

Trying again

Trying again to post in here. I haven't been very faithful to writing in here. I guess I feel that I am not use to blogging. My daughter told me it was easy at times but it was hard to do some things in here. My mind just doesn' function as well as when I was younger. My daughter is so good at posting in here and also some wonderful pictures in her blogg. Maybe one of these days I will get the hang of blogging.

Nothing new in my life just the same old same old. I guess when you get as old as me and retired and have health problems that is the way of life for the oldies. I do try to stay active and still young at heart even though my old bones are creaking and a wreck. I do a lot of art work and belong to several groups in the internet. I do atcs,books,scrapbooks,greeting cards, collaging. I am also a modrator in one of the groups that I belong to. I write a news letter every month for this group. I host a lot of swaps in books and ATCS cards. My husband and I use to do craft shows all over Tenn and Alabama until our health got to going down and we had to give it up. We also had a RV and traveled and camp. We enjoyed that so much but we had to sell our RV due to our health problems. I really miss doing our craft shows and camping. We made so many friends doing this. I didnt have anything to do but read and knit and look at TV. My stepson brought home to me a computer and told me to try it out. I didn't want to try it out as I had my fill of computering as I worked at a bank and on the computer five days a week. Also worked in the day time for collections in Drs. office. I did try the games on the computer and really enjoyed playing the games. When he left I told him he could leave the computer for me.

I am now addicted to the computer. I had to learn how to do everything by myself most of the time as usual my daughter helped me out on learning what to do. She suggested that I get on AOL and I did and learned how to do so much on the internet. So that was the beginning of my addiction to the computer. Now I am addicted to my arts. It is the best theraphy for me. I sometime stay in my art studio all day except to cook and eat LOL. I have a nice studio to do my work in. I decided to do away with my dinning room and made it a studio. I wasn't able to entertain like I use to. We only used the dinning room at Christmas when the children and family came. I have a big new table in breakfast room that will seat 12. That worked out fine as most of my grandchildren are grown now and doesnt come for Christmas they are so busy with their lives.

I have just finishe making a quilted page for a quilt book swap that I am participating in. It was hard to do as my sewing machine was not working and had to quilt it by hand. Not very good at quilting. In fact the first time that I have tried it. Will post a picture of it in here.

Well my dear hubby is ready to eat lunch so guess I will have to get off of here for now.
See you later.
Granny Lottie

No comments: